|Contact name:||Andrew Poxton|
|Contact phone:||+44 1293 584 300|
|Published:||4 months ago|
|Expiry date:||22 Sep 2023 11:59|
Associate Principal Scientist - Lung Disorders
RBW Consulting are delighted to be working with global biopharmaceutical company who are leaders in discovering and developing medicines across multiple disease areas.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Asthma and Skin Immunity Research group based in Cambridge as an Associate Principal Scientist. Here you will lead independent research projects focused on identifying and validating new drug targets for patients with lung pathogenesis.
This is a growth hire and as a result is only suitable for someone who is a genuine expert within lung disorders. You will be providing scientific expertise and as a result with have to have an extensive body of work specifically within this field. Our client is welcoming those from an academic background if there is a deep level of understanding and passion within this field.
- You will drive new target identification strategies and oversee the design and execution of bioscience in vitro and in vivo experiments integrating both disease and pathway approaches in support of portfolio programs.
- You will present specific target ideas to target review meetings, leadership team and Research Board.
- Work closely with key leaders in partner functions to ensure project goals are met.
- Drive innovation and scientific excellence through internal scientific development, publications in high impact journals and presenting data at conferences.
- Will actively search, establish, and manage external collaborations with disease experts.
- Create and maintain a work environment in which scientific challenge and innovation are maximized.
- Mentor scientists in Bioscience, Asthma and Skin Immunity team.
- Encouragement and support will be provided to help you develop specialist knowledge and skills.
- A Ph.D. in Immunology, Biochemistry or a closely related field followed by a minimum of 5 years relevant laboratory experience with expertise specifically within lung biology.
- Track record of scientific creativity and ability to drive own research ideas within lung disorders to a successful conclusion, demonstrated by successful grant proposals as well as strong publication record. This can be within academia, a biotech or pharma environment.
- Extensive scientific network and demonstrated ability to establish and lead successful collaborations with internal and academic experts.
- Outstanding team working skills and a consistent record of working collaboratively to ensure scientific excellence and rapid progression of projects.
- Experience with mentoring students at the undergraduate and Ph.D. level.
- Strong leadership capabilities with emphasis of people management and development of others
- Drive for constant personal development and increasing skill base.
- Associate Director Regulatory Affairs
Job location: Boston Job salary: £180000 to £230000
RBW is partnering with a clinical-stage, oncol...
- Account Manager - Healthcare Public Affairs
Job location: London Job salary: ££35,000 - £42,000
A boutique public affairs and PR health communi...
- Account Manager
Job location: United Kingdom
🌟Join an award winning team.🌟Are you a dynamic...