|Salary:||£Salary: $Strong salary, bonus, equity and supporting package.|
|Contact name:||Surbhi Dhar|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
|Expiry date:||17 June 2021|
Location: Greater Boston, USA
Type: Full Time Permanent
A unique start-up with a breakthrough RNA-targeting platform is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead their RNA Biology efforts. This role comes with an opportunity to lead a group of highly talented scientists and projects from the outset. The company has programs in Oncology, Neurology and Rare Disease indications. It boasts of a highly energetic, collaborative, and progressive environment with stellar cofounders and leaders on the advisory board.
Lead drug discovery, proof of concept and target identification efforts using RNA Biology and Therapeutic Platform development experience
Lead efforts towards the development, characterization, and execution of in vitro and cell-based assays for Hit to Lead (HTL) and Mechanism of Action (MoA) studies
Bring scientific and strategic leadership for scientists in the team, be their mentor and lead from the front
Bring a sense of innovation towards answering important RNA biology questions using cutting edge technologies like NGS, ribosome profiling, reporter, and mRNA based assays
Foster, nurture and leverage constructive relationships across other internal functional groups
Actively collaborate with internal and external partners to achieve key objectives
PhD in RNA biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or a related discipline
• At least 5-6 years of industry experience leading drug discovery programs in a start-up biotech or pharma company. RNA targeting or small molecule experience will be preferred
• Prior people and project management experience is required
• Prior experience with RNA biology, especially with mRNA biology like splicing, decay, degradation, regulation and RNA-protein interaction is a must
• Expertise in molecular biology techniques like RNA-seq/NGS, RT-qPCR, RNA-IP, ribosome profiling and reporter assays
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate complex issues to a range of audience
• Ability to champion innovation across the board to drive organizational improvement is encouraged
I manage a range of other permanent and contract positions for a broad portfolio of clients (Biotech, CRO and Pharma). If the above role isn’t for you but you’d nevertheless like to discuss your options in the market, I’d welcome a confidential discussion by phone or email. Contact Surbhi Dhar at +1 (617) 982 1238 or email@example.com
Salary: $Strong salary, bonus, equity and supporting package.
- Information Security Manager
Job location: Surrey Job salary: £Salary: Up to £70,000 Per annum + Bonus: Up to 22%
Location: Surrey, UK Role type: PermanentAs Inf...
- Contract Principal Biostatistician
Job location: United States of America Job salary: £Salary: Strong hourly rate
Location: Remote, USA Type: Full Time Permanen...
- Associate Director, Proteomics
Job location: San Francisco Job salary: £Salary: On application
Location: South San Francisco, CA Associate Dir...