Project Manager / Project Data Manger
Ashley Clarke @ RBW consulting is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work for a European CRO. Ideally my client is looking for a experienced data manager that is looking for a new direction in their career and wants to pursue Project management.
I am recruiting for a technology led European CRO pioneering the way the industry delivers clinical trials in the future. Their decades of pharmaceutical industry knowledge makes them one of the leading experts in the field and are looking for their employees to share the same passion and mind set for the company ethos. This role would suit an adaptable, forward thinking and innovative individual combined with the industry knowledge of clinical trials. The role can be based in Europe or the UK (the role is fully remote).
The Project Manager (PM) provides superior team co-ordination and support, project planning, financial management, risk and issue management, and client management where required to clinical projects or process/system improvement projects, and delivers to budget, schedule and client satisfaction.
- Team Co-ordination and Support
- Provides project management leadership to the team throughout the project end to end process.
- Provides PM support to the project by ensuring that all tasks described herein are completed, coordinated within the team and, for full service studies, communicated to the Clinical Project Lead (CPL) at all times.
- For full service studies, collaborates with the CPL to ensure all issues are worked through and managed through effective project leadership
- Develops efficient information distribution systems in line with the project communication plan; and communicates project aims and objectives to the project team clearly.
- Project Planning and Timeline Management
- Creates the project plan from the scope of work, assumptions for the project, and realistic estimates; and drives the project forward to deliver on schedule
- Ensures early identification of significant variance in budget, schedule and quality; ensures appropriate interventions or contingencies are implemented rapidly.
- Project Financial Management
- Contract Management: Ensures the scope of work is correctly defined and agreed with client.
- Revenue Management: Ensures project is forecast to recognise all available revenue correctly; ensures forecast is met; anticipates and restructures forecast promptly for the project as necessary, due to change orders; closes out budget with financial departments at end of project services.
- Budget Management: Leads project team to adhere project assumptions on which the scope of work is based; trains Study Leads on time recording structure; tracks budget to ensure time is booked correctly and promptly.
- Profit Management: Delivers project profitability to agreed profit levels per cost model.
- Vendor Management: Ensures compliant service level assessments/contracts are in place with vendors, and are being adhered to.
- Risk, Action, Issue & Decision Management
- Tracks and monitors performance of the project team in order to ensure early detection of any issues, and correct documentation of decisions. Implements workarounds rapidly and efficiently. Ensures resulting action plans are implemented.
- Critically analyses major risks to the successful completion of the project. Implements risk management plans to facilitate prevention and/or mitigation of the major risks. Ensures risks are tracked and risk prevention/mitigation plans are effective.
- Uses appropriate issue escalation.
- Client Management
- Manages expectations; sets thresholds for variance in budget, schedule and quality
- Leads communications and agrees project communication plan with the key stakeholders including the project client and project team; evaluates effectiveness of communication plan and implements improvements as necessary
- Build positive relationship and ensures client satisfaction
- Works with Business Development to enhance client relationships.
Qualifications / Experience
- University/college degree
- Ability to manage non-billable company projects
- Experience of managing project budgets
- PM certification desirable but not essential.
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity or to discuss other open positions which may be of interest please contact Ashley Clarke on +44 (0) 1273 952 363 and send your CV through using the apply button on this page.
- Freelance Senior CRA
Job location: United Kingdom
I am currently partnered with a globally recogn...
- Human Resources Director UK
Job location: London Job salary: £100000 to £120000
Human Resources Director – Healthcare techno...
- Senior Technical Manager, Statistical Programming
Job location: Job salary: £75000 to £85000
Geoff King at RBW Consulting is recruiting for ...