I am currently recruiting for a specialist contract research organisation (CRO) to the pharmaceutical industry. They are a niche company that provide programming and high quality statistics for the reporting of phases I – IV clinical trials. They have a presence in UK and Europe markets and due to their high standards and reputation are looking to expand further. The role is permanent and candidates can be based In UK or In Europe and will be able to work from home.
The Statistical Research Fellow will be responsible for providing innovative solutions and statistical support to the pipeline of therapeutics candidates in order to uphold the statistical and scientific standards. You will be responsible for creating and sustaining top academic and regulatory contacts, publishing, identifying and attracting external candidates and developing our high performing statisticians into future leaders through mentoring.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Work at the cutting edge of statistical science and technology, pioneering new opportunities for innovative uses of statistics in drug discovery in order to create differentiated drugs for patients with high unmet need
- Utilise expertise and deep understanding of the industry to build and drive forward-thinking strategic aims for the application of Innovative statistical approaches
- Support the therapeutic pipeline by guiding project champions and leaders, providing focus, making connections and acting as a scientific sounding board
- Define and maintain the highest statistical standards
- Support and develop future statistical leaders, through creating career opportunities and appropriate ongoing mentoring
- Manage PhD studentships and post-graduates to make and sustain links to top academic statistical groups, ensuring scientific credibility, quality and relevance
- Establish and maintain links to senior thought leaders in regulatory statistics environment to accept new innovative approaches to the use of statistics in drug development
You experience and requirements:
- Proven track record of experience within biostatistical application within the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sector
- Record of high-level publications and invited lectures at national/international conferences
- Recognised statistical leader in the application of statistical approached in drug development
- Experience within the application of statistical approached within drug development, discovery, toxicology and clinical development
- Excellent interpersonal skills and prior experience of mentoring statisticians
- Outstanding communication skills with an ability to represent statistical principles and ideas at Board and Scientific Advisor level, to lay scientists and to junior statisticians
- Outstanding influencing skills with an ability to ensure that appropriate statistical approaches and thinking are implemented
- Patience, resilience and perseverance in building long term mentoring relationships through success and failure
- Record of recognizing innovative, non-obvious statistical solutions to complex scientific, issues, and ensuring their implementation
- Established network of top academic and regulatory statisticians
- Proven experience of identifying innovative applications of statistics to be published to support the statistical credibility of the company and to contribute to the development of less-experienced statisticians.
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity or to discuss other open positions which may be of interest please contact Ashley Clarke on +44 (0) 1273 952 363 and send your CV through using the apply button on this page.
- Senior and Principal Statistical Programmer
Job location: Europe Job salary: £€55 - €70 / hr
Senior and Principal Statistical Programmer (Co...
- Biostatistics Engagement Manager (Real World Evidence)
Job location: Job salary: £€60K - €75K
Biostatistics Engagement Manager (Real World Ev...
- SAS Programmer (Risk Based Quality Management)
Job location: Job salary: ££50000 - £80000
SAS Programmer (Risk Based Quality Management) ...