- Position: CPM/Senior CPM
- Company: Small CRO (non-for-profit)
- Location: Fully remote
- Therapeutic areas: Oncology, Neurology, Cardiology, Rare Diseases, and Nephrology
- Salary Range: £65,000 - £85,000 (depending on seniority and relevant experience)
RBW Consulting are excited to announce an opportunity on behalf of one of our close clients. This company are a small, non-for-profit CRO with 400+ employees across 38 geographical locations throughout the USA, APAC, and Europe; they provide the full range of clinical trial services to biopharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostic customers, for all trial phases, registration and post-marketing trials.
The company plunge most of their profits back into their research which is why they are able to pay above the market average for the right candidates. This opportunity is great for someone who enjoys project delivery but wants to do it at a higher level, in a company where everything is completely visible and you can truly impact the brands success. Growth will be attainable in this position as the role has varied responsibilities compared to an average Senior PM opportunity. For example, you can dabble in the scientific, strategic, and oversight aspects of the company.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all study management activities. The SPM works closely with the sponsor, vendors, investigators, and appropriate staff in each department of the CRO to launch and complete the study deliverables. The SPM will oversee all functional areas involved with their assigned projects per SOW and have responsibility for timelines and budget adherence with each trial. The SPM will oversee site management as an important part of their role and may be involved in the performance of site qualification, site initiation, co-monitoring and/or close-out visits as needed.
The SPM may be responsible for mentoring junior clinical operations staff as needed. The SPM may be called upon to support proposal development and present at bid defense meetings as well as lead related meetings during the bidding process. On occasion, SPM will be requested to perform additional activities at a Program Management level as well as work with senior members of Clinical Operations to develop/review workflows, tools, and SOPs. The SPM is responsible for leading any and all assigned teams while demonstrating professional demeanor and maintaining confidentiality in all interactions with both internal and external contacts. SPM work is performed under the general direction of the Senior Director, Clinical Operations, though it is expected the position requires minimal oversight and support (unless escalation is needed) once SPM is fully on-boarded with the company and/or has completed all transition activities for this senior level role.
Work is performed under the general direction of the Director of Project Management.
- Provide strong, independent Clinical Operations leadership on assigned and/or complex projects
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with clients, vendors, and internal team
- Establish team roles and responsibilities and Provide clear direction to internal team and vendors to ensure study success
- Serves as primary contact with clients and vendors, establishing communication mechanism and formats that meet the needs of all parties supporting the trial
- Participate in development and strategizing on any proposals or bids to external customers
- Ability to manage and execute complex trials, including timeline development, taking on a strategic role with the client if needed, and developing customized processes, materials, and/or plans to support trial needs
- Ensure projects are adequately staffed according to budget, SOW, and capabilities, and escalate to management when issues are present or anticipated that will require modifications
- Manage protocol and ICF development as applicable.
- Oversee and ensure company site selection process is successful through oversight of feasibility questionnaire development, management of workflow, and reviewing record of processes managed by the assigned clinical staff
- Design and implement study specific project plans, logs, and actions to keep project on track
- Oversee and ensure delivery of timely project deliverables for all functional areas of the project
- Mitigate risks where and when needed to ensure project success
- Ensure company or sponsor selected vendors are adequately supported from contracting through training /onboarding, and throughout the trial
- Manage all study specific vendors contracts as applicable (per project scope and company contract scope)
- Manage study-related vendor deliverables per SOW and study timelines
- Ensure adequacy of CRF design and development for the trial
- Close oversight of site management team activities from site startup through closeout. Depending on the study, SPM may be involved directly interim calls to site and troubleshooting as needed. Work with the Clinical Trial Manager, CRAs, and CTSs to ensure protocol training, site protocol adherence and query resolution is adequately supported.
- Maintain project financial health through review of monthly activities against current SOW, and addressing change orders in a timely manner
- Maintaining scope change log and execution Change Orders / Budget Amendments as needed.
- Prepare and maintains project financial workbook each month, including forecasting updates from study start through closure
- Assists with ongoing review of data during trials, as needed
- Continues to develop processes with the growth of the area and incorporate those processes with other departments
- Assists in developing relationships with new and existing clients
- Communicate / escalates project risks to Project Director and/or direct report (line manager) as appropriate
- Ensure team members are adequately trained on the project to perform their assigned tasks and services.
- Oversee adequacy of trial master file setup and maintenance is maintained throughout the trial by assigned team members.
- Ensure data deliverables are complete and current throughout the trial through regular review of data management reports, review of monitoring activities, and site management reports (as applicable)
- Ensure clients are provided with trackers, reports, and logs as needed and on time per SOW Develop and deliver dashboards and Executive Summary Reports as required by clients and per SOW
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, SOPs, contracts/agreements, and project plans,
- Mentor / coach junior team members as needed to support their success as well as to ensure the trial success. This level of support may include support / attendance at select Site Qualification, Site Initiation, Interim and Close-out Visits, and may be especially important for early phase trials to support client expectations.
- Coordinates and participates in internal and external project team meetings as needed
- Participates in company, staff, and departmental meetings
Compliance and Training
- Complete and document mandatory training for this role within specified timelines
- Attend and document mandatory training workshops required for this role
- Comply with all applicable regulations, guidelines, SOPs and project-specific requirements
- Comply with all designated systems relevant to this role
- Ensure own quality control of all relevant processes and activities performed
- Report and escalate identified issues in areas of responsibility according to company and/or project requirements
Customer Focus and Teamwork
- Attend and actively participate in company meetings and other internal meetings as required
- Provide input to systems, tools and process improvement
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further or to discuss your career options in confidence, please telephone on +44 (0) 1273 584 300
Please click ‘apply’ or contact Joe Pearce for any further information
About RBW Consulting
RBW Consulting is a life sciences talent & strategic consultancy with purpose, delivered through what we call Human Intelligence. We help life sciences businesses change the world by giving them the people, insight & networks to innovate and scale. We are proud of our role in helping companies deliver better health and wellbeing outcomes for patients We give back by playing an active role in funding initiatives that change lives We’ve created a culture rooted in support, transparency and mutual commitment. We lead with our values from the inside; empowering and investing in our people is more important than short-term commercial gain.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency
RBW Consulting is an equal opportunity workplace. We prioritize talent (both current and potential) over resumes, challenge the status quo, and value people as our most important asset. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, colour, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, visible or invisible disability, medical condition, national origin, veteran status, or any other protected status. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all levels and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
- Senior Director, Head of Biostatistics
Job location: Boston Job salary: £270000 to £280000
A globally aligned Senior Director, Biostatisti...
- IT Compliance Associate
Job location: Cambridge Job salary: £23000 to £35000
I have an excellent opportunity to move into a...
- Formulation Scientist I, Lipid Nanoparticles
Job location: Boston Township
Company OverviewElevate your journey with an o...