My client is looking to recruit and experience Linux Specialist/Engineer, who will be responsible for supporting their Research and Development activities. The successful candidate will be part of a team that will maintain their Linux infrastructure and improve the productivity by optimising pipelines, improving deployment, supporting, and configuration their applications. This role will suit a problem solver, proficient in at least one scripting language with good Linux experience and a willingness to learn.
- Develop software/scripts to assist key stakeholders throughout the company to optimise pipelines and aid research
- Work with our scientists, to improve deployment, support, and configuration of applications
- Work with our data scientists, Bioinformaticians and other stakeholders
- Installation/integration/updates of Linux software packages (scientific software) and associated application environments
- The maintenance of the Linux Operating System, and surrounding infrastructure.
- Systems administration
- Scripting/programming (bash, Python or R)
- Experience with some of the following technologies (GitLab, Conda, Tomcat, Oracle, Postgres, Jupyter, RStudio)
- Linux Administration (ideally CentOS)
- Understanding of web-based applications (e.g. REST APIs)
- A familiarity with databases, SQL etc.
- Experience with Pharma/Biotech research informatics systems
- Good communication skills and a desire to learn new IT skills in a scientific environment
- Experience working in a team of technical staff in a friendly collaborative environment.
- Snr Sas Programmer
Job title - Senior SAS Programmer – Early Phase...
- Senior Director, Protein engineering
Job location: Gaithersburg Job salary: £Highly competitive
I'm currently representing a large leading phar...
- Group Account Supervisor
Job location: Job salary: £$100,000
Are you looking for a role that gives your auto...