Senior Scientist - Antibody Discovery
|Contact name:||Thomas Urwin|
|Contact phone:||+44 1293 584 300|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
|Expiry date:||03 Jun 2023 11:59|
Senior Scientist - Antibody Discovery
£50000 - £55000
RBW Consulting are delighted to be supporting an innovative Biotechnology company based in Little Chesterford with their search for Senior Scientist in Antibody Discovery. Our client is an immunotherapy company using fibroblast-immune cell interactions to develop new treatments for cancer and inflammatory diseases. The company is based upon a breadth of knowledge from leading experts in inflammatory disease, cancer, computational biology and fibroblast biology from leading universities and medical schools.
Having invested in a new Antibody Discovery team, they are looking for a Senior Scientist who will be a key figure in executing antibody engineering activities across their early stage discovery programmes. The position will also contribute to the design of antibody discovery campaigns, sequence analysis and design, molecule formats, molecular biology and antibody production.
- To lead the sourcing, production, design, QC and assessment of antigens, reagents and program tools using ELISA/Octet/SDS PAGE/SEC HPLC/Western Blot, including benchmark/tool antibodies and required cross species antigens.
- Undertake antibody sequence analysis, identifying antibody liabilities, framework mutations and interpret the data for antibody development.
- To set up key supporting assays to facilitate program development, ELISA/Octet/cELISA and utilise these assays during the programs to QC and assess antigens and antibodies.
- Undertake additional lab-based experiments as required to drive forward program delivery, supporting the wider project team to meet program deadlines and milestones. Use a flexible approach when working within the antibody discovery team to achieve program goals in a timely manner. Be the antibody discovery functional lead on program(s).
- Responsibility for antibody affinity studies and program protein assessment and ligand binding QC Octet/Biacore. Liaise with external partners (CROs) if required to deliver to time and budget.
- Present data clearly to project teams and ensure reporting of program progression, data readouts and status to the relevant audiences (internal and external stakeholders as required).
- To identify risks and issues arising on managed activities (timeline, resource, or budget impacts) and to create contingency plans in collaboration with the Head of Antibody Discovery and project teams.
- Apply teamwork and adaptability to go beyond the designated scope when required to deliver project goals set by the head of antibody discovery (supported by the program lead).
- A relevant life sciences degree with industry experience within a Start- up Biotech or similar
- Broad experience in antibody engineering and display technology techniques.
- Excellent understanding of antibody structure, sequence, bispecific engineering and Fc engineering
- Strong experience in Molecular Biology, ELISA and competition ELISA
- Ability to lead/run team meetings and strong influencing skills.
- Experience of biologics drug discovery as well leadership of such projects in a matrix setting.
- Experience in affinity techniques such as Biacore and/or BLI
- Group Account Director
Job location: London Job salary: ££75,000 - £85,000
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Group...
- Senior Medical Writer
Job location: United Kingdom
Senior Medical WriterUK Based - Remote / Hybri...
- Freelance Regulatory Submissions Associate - Germany - Oncology & Rare Diseases
Job location: Germany Job salary: £€ DOE
RBW Consulting are proud to be partnered with a...