|Published:||about 1 month ago|
|Expiry date:||08 Dec 2023 11:59|
RBW Consulting have partnered with a biotech start-up who are looking to grow their team. They are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Scientist to specialise in Biochemistry. This is an exciting opportunity to join a close knit team and make a substantial impact on the research in an early stage Biotech. You will have the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking discoveries working alongside and reporting into a hugely experienced Research Director in their brand new facility in Stevenage.
The purpose of the role is to work with their multidisciplinary team whose mission
is to develop innovative assays for research and clinical testing of biologic-based drug candidates targeting neurodegenerative diseases.
You should apply if you are:
- Looking to work and develop your career in an exciting environment in a forward-thinking company engaged within the fight against neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
- Self-motivated, well organised, adaptable and keen to take ownership over the direction and projects with a flat structured team.
- You are a person who can positively contribute to a growing company culture
- Looking for an adaptable environment with access to thought leaders and the ability to accelerate your career.
The skills and experiences that you’ll need to be a success:
- Strong educational background with a PhD., in post doc research projects followed by a substantial experience within industry working in protein chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology or a related discipline.
- Experienced in working within drug discovery in a Biotech or Pharma environment
- Extensive experience working with biochemical (including enzyme-based is essential.
- Solid familiarity with recombinant protein expression (in microbial, mammalian and other cell systems)
- Experience with diverse chemical conjugation methods for immobilizing or otherwise coupling antibodies and other proteins and biomolecules
- A good knowledge of cellular assays and cell culture best practices
- Extensive hands-on experience in the purification of proteins using a variety of chromatographic techniques and instrumentation types (e.g. Akta purification systems, HPLC) and characterisation of proteins using modern biochemical and biophysical techniques methods
- Practical experience with methods to measure binding of antibodies or other proteins to other biomolecules or assay matrices (e.g. spectroscopic methods, surface plasmon resonance)
- The ability to work independently and lead, organise and participate in collaborative research projects, including coordinating and overseeing outsourced project work
I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to reach out directly if you
have any questions at all. While the requirements are quite specific our
partner is able to help someone grow into the role should they have the right
fundamental skillset, be driven by life long learning and demonstrate the right
level of potential. Industry experience is required due to where this role sits
within the business and the flat structure of the organisation.
- Senior Director, Head of Biostatistics
Job location: Boston Job salary: £270000 to £280000
A globally aligned Senior Director, Biostatisti...
- IT Compliance Associate
Job location: Cambridge Job salary: £23000 to £35000
I have an excellent opportunity to move into a...
- Formulation Scientist I, Lipid Nanoparticles
Job location: Boston Township
Company OverviewElevate your journey with an o...